We offer free computer classes in the fall, winter and spring. Registration is required for all computer classes and space is limited. Register online or call the library for more information.
One-on-One: Getting Started with Computers & eReaders
In addition to classes we also offer one-on-one sessions. Our sessions last 30 minutes and registration is required. Register online or call the library for more information. All training takes place on library computers. Please bring your own eReader or device for Digital Collections training.
Topics we can cover in our one-on-one sessions include:
- Mouse & keyboard basics
- Computer basics
- Setting up an email account & email basics
- Internet basics & beyond
- Microsoft Word basics
- Using our website & catalogue
- Using Cypress Resume to create a resume
- Using our eResources
- Getting started with Digital Collections on your own eReader or device
(If you have already been using our Digital Collections and are experiencing problems please submit a feedback ticket.)
Topics we can't cover in our one-on-one sessions include:
- Other Microsoft Office products or advanced Word
- Detailed resume advice or editing
- Using iTunes or software not installed on our public computers
- Creating webpages or blogs
- Editing photos and images
- Social media and dating websites
- Set up, troubleshooting or technical support for your personal electronic device or computer
- Topics involving personal information such as online banking and credit card transactions
While we do our best to keep up with the latest technology we may have to direct you to other resources to help you learn about your own computer or device.
We reserve the right to limit registration.
To help you get started we also have compiled a Computers & Technology subject guide.