Suggest a Program
I have developed a program or author reading I’d like to present at GVPL.
We welcome proposals from presenters. Please complete and submit a Program Proposal form. Please be aware that this is not a guarantee that your program will be selected. You will be contacted by email to confirm receipt of your completed form.
I’d like to suggest a library program.
Your program suggestions provide valuable community interest information to Greater Victoria Public Library Program Coordinators. Customers are welcome to bring ideas or presenters to our attention that they feel would make a valuable addition to the Library’s programming.
What kinds of programs may I suggest?
- Literacy-based programs for any age
- Computer classes which relate to library services eg email, internet research
What kinds of programs should not be suggested?
- Children’s programs which do not relate to library services eg childcare
- Computer classes which do not relate to library services eg digital photography, Microsoft Word
How do I suggest a program?
1. First, check our online program calendar for current program listings.
2. If you do not find a program which is similar to your idea, please email one of the following:
Children’s or Tween general interest or author programs: email@example.com
Teen programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer classes: email@example.com
Adult general interest or author programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you are an external presenter or represent an external presenter, please fill out the Program Proposal Form.
What happens to my suggestion once it has been submitted? Will I get a reply?
All suggestions will be read and considered by a staff member. Due to the volume of suggestions, we are not able to reply to your suggestion.
I’ve forgotten what suggestions I submitted. Can I find out what I have already suggested?
Due to the volume of suggestions, we are not able to provide a record of your previous suggestions.