Four out of every ten adult Canadians do not have the literacy skills needed to function adequately in our information-rich world. As part of our commitment to lifelong learning, GVPL maintains collections at all of our branches to help adults who are learning English as a second language or who are upgrading their literacy skills. Our Adult Literacy materials include:
- Guides to English grammar, phonics, vocabulary, spelling, writing, and numeracy
- Reading kits (i.e. book and audio CD packages) and DVDs
- Easy-to-read fiction and non-fiction chapter books
- Support books for the general education development (GED) test
- Study guides for common ESL tests (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, LPI)
- B.C. curriculum guides for grade 9-12 courses
We also provide:
- meeting space at our branches for tutors and students
- library tours and support for literacy teachers and their classes
Can't find It in our Collection? Contact us for alternatives!
For information on borrowing, loan periods and overdues, see Borrowing.