Loaner Laptops (Goudy Branch Only)
The Goudy Branch has 5 Dell laptops for short loan periods. These laptops are loaded with Microsoft XP Professional and Office 2003 Suite. Borrowers are unable to save to the hard drive, so must save to a CDRom or USB Drive (a USB drive can be purchased at the branch). WiFi is available in the Goudy Branch and along Goldstream Avenue.
Conditions of use
- Borrower must be 19 years old.
- Names and address on ID must match name and address on library card
- Borrower must not have fines in excess of $10
- Staff retain ID and library card while laptop is in use
- Borrower must sign Public Laptop Loan Agreement
- Borrowers with BC One Cards may not check out laptops.
- Laptops are not available for holds and are not renewable
- Laptops are due in two hours, or 30 minutes before closing time, whichever is sooner
- Fines are $20/ hour, up to $200
- Laptop replacement is $1700, with a $50 replacement cost for the carry cases
- Staff must examine laptop when returned to ensure it has not been tampered with
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday – by 5:00 (branch closes at 5:30)
- Thursday and Friday – by 5:30 (branch closes at 6:00)
- Sunday – by 4:30 (branch closes at 5:00)