December 22, 2017
What: Greater Victoria Public Library offers access to 7,000+ digital newspapers and magazines from more than 100 countries in 60 languages through an electronic resource called PressReader. Starting in 2011, GVPL offered a library version of PressReader called Library PressDisplay, which is being retired by the vendor at the end of 2017. GVPL’s newly launched access to PressReader comes with 2,000 additional titles.
How: GVPL library cardholders log in to PressReader on their computers or devices with their library card numbers and passwords. Cardholders can gain access through gvpl.ca or pressreader.com. An app is also available.
- Enjoy more than 7,000 newspapers and magazines from around the world, available the day they are published
- Search by publication title, language, country of publication or category
- View the pages as they appeared in print or read articles in a text format
- Enlarge text size
- Search publications and articles by keyword
- Save, share, print and translate articles
- Listen to an audio version of the articles
- Subscribe to publications and set up a homepage dashboard
- Enjoy around 590 Canadian publications, including Times Colonist, Globe and Mail, Reader’s Digest, Canadian Geographic, National Post, Vancouver Sun, Canadian Living, The Walrus. International newspapers include The Guardian, Le Monde, China Daily, The Times of India, The Washington Post
Jessica Woollard, Communications Officer, Greater Victoria Public Library
Office: 250-940-4875 ext. 346 Mobile: 778-679-7228 or [email protected]