Items Available through Interlibrary Loan
- Books (except those published in the current or previous calendar year)
- Photocopies of newspapers, magazine or journal articles
- Microfilm (may only be viewed at Central Branch)
Items Not Available through Interlibrary Loan
- Books owned by GVPL
- Books published in the current or previous calendar year
- Audio visual materials (DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMS, videogames)
Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
Step 1 – Search GVPL’s catalogue to make sure we don’t already own the book
Step 2 – Search Illume to see if the book is available at another library in B.C. From the search results, click the title you would like to request. If you see multiple results for the same title, click on the result with the highest number of owning libraries. Click “Request This Item” and fill out the form.
If you do not find the book at GVPL or through Illume, then, you can fill out our interlibrary loan request form. You may experience longer processing times for your request. We thank you for your patience.
Microfilm and Photocopies
For microfilm and journal article/photocopy requests, please fill out our interlibrary loan request form.
- Eight active interlibrary loan requests per cardholder are permitted at one time.
- Once your item arrives, you have five days to pick it up. If it’s not picked up, your account will be charged $1.00.
- The overdue charge for an interlibrary loan is $1.00 per day. If the material is lost or damaged, you are responsible for any costs set by the lending library.
- Items borrowed through interlibrary loan cannot be renewed or re-requested for a period of three months.
Interlibrary loans can take up to four weeks to process, depending on the response time, location and shipping mode of the lending library.
To check the status of your Illume request, click Track ILL Requests – the 123 icon with horizontal lines – in the top right corner of the Illume homepage.
To check the status of an item requested through the interlibrary loan request form, please email [email protected].