GVPL SERVICE UPDATES
Up-to-date information about GVPL’s products and services, including the library catalogue,
digital collections and electronic resources
- Do not return borrowed items to the library. All branches and drop boxes are closed
- Fines and fees will not accumulate during the system closure.
- All due dates for books and magazines in print, DVDs, CDs and kits have been extended until further notice.
- Items on hold and items awaiting pick up from March 16 onward have not expired.
- Library card expiry dates have been extended until further notice. No action is needed at this time. If your card has already expired, sign up for a new card online.
- We will notify the community at least two weeks’ prior to reopening our branch system.
We welcome your comments and questions, and we will respond as soon as possible, Monday to Friday. Thank you for your patience during this time.
August 17, 2020: A new version of the CloudLibrary mobile app has been released. If you are experiencing issues, please try logging out of the CloudLibrary app, rebooting the device, and logging back in.
The provincial interlibrary loan request service has been renamed Illume (formerly Outlook Online).
Automate is now called Auto Repair Source. It has all the same great content.
TumbleBookCloud is now TeenBookCloud, with an emphasis on teen and middle school graphic novels, ebooks, e-audiobooks, and readalong ebooks. Titles are always available and streaming only.
New in Hoopla: You can now renew borrowed items, starting 24 hours before the borrowed item expires. Renewing means you don’t lose your spot or have to re-download. A renewal counts as one of your eight monthly check-outs.