TEEN WRITING CONTEST 2019
The contest is open to teens in grades 7 to 12 (Born between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2006), residing in Greater Victoria. Winners are only eligible to win a maximum of one prize.
- To enter, submit your poem, short story and “random” entry at gvpl.ca/contests.
- GVPL is not responsible for lost, destroyed, misdirected or delayed entries. All entries must be completed and received during the contest entry period as noted below.
- Number of Entries: One entry per category.
- Maximum number of words: 2000 words.
- Contest Entry Periods. The contest begins on January 2, 2019, at 10:00 am Pacific Time and ends on February 27, 2019, at 4:00 pm Pacific Time. Only entries completed within the contest entry period will be eligible. Ineligible entries will be discarded.
- A panel of judges will determine a first and runner up prize winner for each category. The winners will be announced at a reception in April 2019 at the Central Branch. Winners will be contacted by phone or email.
- The chances of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes include one of each of the following for each junior/senior category:
- First prize: $100 gift certificate to a local bookstore
- Runner up prize: $25 gift certificate to a local bookstore
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable and not redeemable in cash.
- The decisions are final and not subject to challenge.
- In the event that a contest winner is not eligible or cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts by GVPL, GVPL has the right to qualify another participant and GVPL is released from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- By entering the contest, each participant agrees to accept and abide by these rules.
- By entering the contest, each participant agrees that GVPL and its trustees, officers, employees, agents and assigns is not liable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or the prizes awarded.
- By entering the contest, participants and winners consent to the use of personal information for the purposes of administering this contest and notifying the winner, unless permission is otherwise granted to receive additional information from GVPL.
- By claiming a prize, the contest winner consents to the use of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and city of residence without compensation for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium which GVPL considers appropriate.
- Claiming Prizes. All prizes must be claimed within 60 days of notification. After 60 days, prizes become the property of GVPL, and GVPL is released from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- GVPL reserves the right to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of any prize for any reason whatsoever.
- GVPL reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice.
- These contest rules are available upon request from GVPL.
- The contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.