Start your day with the latest news from around the world. At home or in branch, you can access local and global news from our digital collections above. Read on your computer or the device of your choice; simply log in with your library card number and password.
Many of our patrons love coming to the library to settle in a comfy chair and read the daily paper in print. Every branch carries the Times Colonist, available for you as soon as our doors open in the morning. Select branches will carry the Vancouver Sun, Globe and Mail, National Post and other global papers.
Newspaper Back Issues
We carry back issues of some newspapers on microfilm, available at the Central Branch.
We have two microfilm readers; one allows you to print articles or save them to your USB flash drive.
Back issues of the British Colonist (now the Times Colonist), from 1858 to 1980, are available online.
Newspapers on Microfilm
Located at Central Branch:
- Globe and Mail 1977 – December 2010
- Times Colonist September 1980 – present (two month delay)
- Vancouver Sun 1942-1953, 1989-2010
- Victoria Daily Chronicle May 2, 1863 – June 23, 1866
- Victoria Daily Colonist December 1858 – August 1980
- Victoria Daily Times June 1884 – July 1980
- Victorian January 7, 1971 – December 31, 1975