BC SUMMER READING CLUB
Notice: The BC Summer Reading Club for 2021 is now complete. Check back in June 2022 for information on the next Club!
Calling all kids ages 12 and under!
Starting in late-June every year, children ages 12 and under (or their parent or caregiver) are invited to visit any GVPL branch to collect a BC Summer Reading Club package.
The BC Summer Reading Club runs from late June to early September every year. This incentive program helps kids build their confidence in reading while having fun and developing stronger connections with their public library. From summer booklists to virtual programs and much more, GVPL will be there every step of the way. Studies have shown that children attending the Summer Reading Club tend to do better in school come the fall – which is another great reason to join the Club.
How BC SRC Works:
- Participants read every day for at least 20 minutes and record their reading activity in the reading record.
- After one full week of reading, participants choose a sticker and match it to their record.
- Then, do it all over again. The goal is to complete seven weeks.
- At the end of seven weeks, visit any GVPL library branch and collect a final prize.
For an online version of the summer reading club program, visit www.bcsrc.ca. Kids can earn virtual badges and take part in online weekly activities!
When you drop by any GVPL branch during the summer, be sure to enter our prize draws. Winners drawn at the end of July and August are eligible to win a maximum of one prize.
- Open to children ages 12 and under.
- Contest runs from late June to late August every year. Winners are notified in early August and September.
- Prizes are drawn at random.
We Thank Our Generous Sponsors
British Columbia Library Association
Province of British Columbia (through Libraries Branch, Ministry of Municipal Affairs)
BC Libraries Co-op
IslandLink Library Federation