STRATEGIC PLAN, 2016 – 2020
Thank you for sharing the excitement with us.
Our videos shine a light on our four key priorities:
CREATE great library spaces to meet unique user needs – in person and through our multiple e-service channels.
INSPIRE discovery through programs, collections and services that enhance literacy and lifelong learning.
ENGAGE passionate library members, funders and partners to expand the library’s reach and impact.
LEAD with support for innovative ideas, service models and governance.
1. DEVELOP local, community-inspired branch plans to increase the accessibility and impact of library services in Greater Victoria.
2. CULTIVATE the development of 21st century skills to bridge the digital divide in Greater Victoria.
3. OFFER new tools and learning opportunities that support the creativity and self-expression of individuals in our community.
4. CONTINUE investing in programs, services and collections for early learning and family literacy.
5. INVEST in new ways to extend the reach of the library beyond existing facilities and traditional venues.
6. INCREASE use and awareness of existing learning opportunities, leisure opportunities and resources the library has to offer.
7. CELEBRATE the unique local talents of the community by providing space, resources and opportunities to build connections.
8. CULTIVATE new supporters and engage existing donors, funders and members who expand the capacity of the library to meet community needs.
9. CREATE opportunities for staff to flourish in their roles through mentorship, leadership development and team building activities.