HELP USING DIGITAL CONTENT
Niche Academy tutorials include support on how to use the following:
- CloudLibrary: reading ebooks and e-audiobooks on your device
- Kanopy: streaming videos, films and documentaries on your device
- AncestryLibrary: researching your family story
- Lynda.com: taking courses to boost your professional and leadership skills
- Hoopla, NoveList, PressReader, RBDigital and more.
Easy-to-use video tutorials showing you how to get the most out of the library’s digital content
Through the Niche Academy platform, GVPL showcases the very best videos to help you learn all about the library’s online resources and collections. Niche Academy is easy to use, letting you choose from a range of video tutorials, each one selected by GVPL librarians. You’ll learn how to get the most out of the library’s virtual branch, available all day, every day.
In Person One-on-One Support
This service is temporarily unavailable.
Getting started with computers, devices and e-readers
Sign up for a 30-minute session and get help with computer or device basics, setting up an email account, using the Internet and exploring GVPL’s digital collections. Weekly sessions are offered at most branches. We also offer sessions in Mandarin at Central Branch.