HELP USING DIGITAL CONTENT
Niche Academy tutorials include support on how to use the following:
- OverDrive: reading ebooks and e-audiobooks on your device
- Kanopy: streaming videos, films and documentaries on your device
- AncestryLibrary: researching your family story
- LinkedIn Learning: taking courses to boost your professional and leadership skills
- Hoopla, NoveList, PressReader and more
Easy-to-use video tutorials showing you how to get the most out of the library’s digital content
Through Niche Academy, GVPL helps you learn all about the library’s online resources and collections. Niche Academy is easy to use, letting you choose from a range of video tutorials, each one selected by GVPL librarians. You’ll learn how to get the most out of the library’s virtual branch, available all day, every day.
In Person One-on-One Support
We are not currently offering in-person, one-on-one sessions. However, we are still here to help. You can call the Customer Service Line at 250-940-4875 or send us a message with your question. We can help you with computer or device basics, setting up an email account, using the Internet and exploring GVPL’s digital collections using your tablet or e-reader.
Please note: You can add library ebooks to most e-readers, including Fire tablets (formerly Kindle Fire). All other Kindle devices are incompatible with ebooks in Canadian libraries.