The 2017 Summer Challenge has closed. Thank you for making GVPL part of your summer story!
Over the course of the contest, we had hundreds of entries and awarded prizes to eight lucky participants. We enjoyed your reading recommendations, comments and creativity and look forward to seeing you next year.
The 2017 Summer Challenges
Contest ran July 6 to August 31
Around Town and On the Road
1. Find a Little Free Library box around town and take a photo of the box.
2. Read a book while on vacation or staycation. What book? Where are you?
3. Home, on the beach, on the bus, at the library – where does reading take you?
4. Read aloud to someone special. What did you read? Who did you read to?
5. What is your favourite book by a Canadian author? Include #Canada150.
6. Show us your bookface! Find a book with a face on the front or back cover, hold it in front of your face, and take a selfie.
7. Take a shelfie – a photo of what’s on your bookshelf.
8. Take a selfie with a favourite book from childhood.
9. Read a book by an author from Greater Victoria, and tell us the title and author. Hint: Browse our Emerging Local Authors Collection at Central Branch.
10. Borrow a CD from GVPL’s music collection. How did you like it?
11. Read a current magazine issue using Zinio, a library app for magazine lovers. Which one did you read?
12. Borrow a movie, TV show, audiobook or music album using Hoopla, a streaming service for library users. What did you choose? How was it?
13. Learn how to say “I love the library” in another language using the Mango Languages resource. Share your translation with us.
14. List five fictional characters you’d like to invite to your bookclub.
15. If you could step into the world of a book, which would it be? Why?
16. What book would you love to see as a movie and why?
17. Read a book and see the movie. Which did you prefer?
18. Listen to an audiobook. Which one? How did you like it?