Are you an emerging local author? We invite you to apply to join GVPL’s 2018/19 Emerging Local Authors Collection, launching in spring 2018.
The Emerging Local Authors Collection features self-published, independent and small press books by local authors. Each spring, GVPL launches a new series of books submitted by emerging authors on south Vancouver Island. The print books will be on display at the Central Branch for one year; the ebooks will be showcased online through BiblioBoard, with unlimited borrowing.
If your book meets the eligibility criteria, you may fill in the online application form below. If you would like to submit more than one book, please fill out a separate application form for each title.
Application deadline: January 12, 2018.
- Author resides on southern Vancouver Island currently OR resided on southern Vancouver Island during year of publication (“southern Vancouver Island” is the area of Vancouver Island approximately south of the Malahat, from Port Renfrew to North Saanich)
- Book was published between 2013 and 2017
- Book is written in English or French
- If print, book is bound for rigors of circulation (professional quality); if digital, ebook is provided as EPUB or PDF
- Book’s content does not contravene Canadian legislation
- Book is donated to library by author (one copy maximum)
Questions? Email [email protected]
Application for the 2018/19 Emerging Local Authors Collection
The Greater Victoria Public Library (GVPL, “the Library”) is committed to the protection of its users’ personal information. All Library users have the right to privacy; and any personal information collected, used, or disclosed by the Library is in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Preserving the trust of GVPL users by maintaining the integrity and security of their Personal Information is paramount.
By completing and submitting this form you are providing consent for the collection and use of any personal information provided. The Library will only use personal information for the purposes for which it was originally collected or in a manner that is consistent with those purposes. An individual may choose to not provide their personal information but this may hinder their ability to use some library services.
If you have any questions regarding your personal information, please contact the GVPL FOI/Privacy Office(r).